Saturday 6 September 2014

New wheels + tires + rotors!

Finally got around to installing the wheels along with some new tires. Since the Marchesini rims use a different sprocket bolt pattern than the standard Suzuki, I needed a new sprocket and my gearing needed a change so I went from 16F + 43R to 15F + 45R. This should help with my exit woes out of the hairpins, I'll be messing with the gearing a little bit more as I visit more tracks but for now this will do, it will be put to test tomorrow at SMP! I originally ordered Driven sprockets but received a gold one instead of the black one I ordered so I sent it back and got a Drive Systems RS8 sprocket since that's all the shop had left in stock. Seems like a solid piece, as of now, only time will tell.

New rotors all around, a lightened rear rotor and the fronts are BrakeTech Axis/Cobra full floaters. Went from a 125/80/17 (7455)  to 120/70/17 (7455) up front and from a 200/55/17 (8477) to 190/55/17 (7455). We'll see how this set up works out, hopefully it's for the best.

Here are some before and after pictures, I kind of like the wheels black, I think they'll be staying that way...





Can't wait to try out the new wheels/tires/brakes tomorrow, time to hit the sheets, it has been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment