Friday 31 October 2014

2014 Off season plans!

Nothing too exciting planned for the off season but this is pretty much a summary of what I'd like to do in preparation for next year. 

I downloaded and printed the RACE Superseries Race Book. I'll be going over it in the weeks to come and make a decision on whether or not I want to race next year. I feel like I still have some improvements to make before I can confidently be on any kind of grid. I'll be spending a lot of time at Shannonville next year hoping to make some improvements and may enter in a race round or two depending on my progress. They do require a few modification in order to be race legal such as safety wiring, an oil catch can, no aftermarket wheels and so on. I'll have to have a closer look at the rule book to know exactly what I can and can't use. 

In other news, I decided to put my 750 up for sale and go a different route. I originally wanted to sell it so I can "upgrade" to a 1000 supersport. Having ridden on the track a lot this year, I no longer see the sense of an SS on the roads. Especially since you can't really use them for their intended purpose unless you ride like a complete tool which is never a smart move. 

Looking at getting a street legal supermoto, I still have to decide on what make/model I want but it looks like KTM 690 SMC is on top of the list, however since they aren't released to the Canadian market, looking for a used 2010 may be the only option and a bit difficult since there wasn't many sold back then anyway. 

I'll be at the January Super Show having a look at the different makes/models and if I find something interesting, I might just pull the trigger! 


No comments:

Post a Comment