Friday 31 October 2014

SMP Long - 2nd of October, 2014. Hosted by Rider's Choice.

I wasn't expecting to make it this day, but the weather was in the high teens/low twenties and I was able to book the time off work. I couldn't ask for a better end to a successful year at the track. "Successful" is a relative term, made some great friends, no crashes/injuries, vast improvements with my body position, dropped my lap times and always made it home in once piece.

For the first time, I wasn't really "on" that day, I wasn't able to keep relaxed/focused and the lack of sleep sure didn't help. I managed to get 3 sessions in and called it quits before I made any bad decisions. I was a little bummed out about that since the weather was perfect and all. But what can you do? If you're not feeling, you're not feeling it. There will always be a next time. Even if it's 6 months from now. :(

On the other hand, it was great seeing Matt McBride passing people on 1 wheel and putting down some seriously fast laps. Made for an entertaining day nonetheless.

As always, Rider's Choice hosts a great day and I'm excited to go back next year. Time can't go by fast enough!

I wasn't able to get any decent footage since my track time was very little but I managed to get some photos. Thanks to Bill Murphy for the great shots and all the effort it takes to make this happen for guys like me.














That's it for 2014 folks! I'll be updating the blog in case I decide to do anything to the bike in the off season. It will be a long long winter... :(  




No comments:

Post a Comment