Monday 18 August 2014

Back at the track!

Spring took a while to arrive, didn't do my first track day until the end of May. Needless to say, I was really looking forward to it. I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before so I had to cut my day short. I'd rather pack it in early than crash due to lack of attentiveness/focus. I was quite peeved as I didn't make the progress that I was hoping for right away, had to stay patient, had to stay humble and not override my ability.

It wasn't until my 3rd track day this year that I started to see some progress, I felt like I was going faster. I started to use my GoPro footage as a tool to learn my mistakes and where I need to improve and what a difference it made.

Here are a couple of pictures from my 2nd track day:



As you can see my body position needed improvements, corner speed also needed improvements as I was being passed quite a bit that day. It was a great learning experience and I managed to walk away in one piece and gained a bit more experience.

My 3rd and 4th track days is where I really started to haul some ass! Body position greatly improved and so did my speed, I was the one doing the passing and I had no problem keeping up with the faster riders in my group. 

Two different pictures from two different laps, consistency is a good thing: 







A huge thanks to Heather Bashow @ DeerHaven Photography for the great shots! 

4 track days under my belt this year, the 5th was a huge disappointment. I kept checking the weather a few days in advance for Mosport on the 14th of August, everything was looking great until we arrived at the track. It kept raining, I kept hoping it would clear up but every time the track starts to dry, it starts to pour again. F***! It was already 2:30 PM and the track was still wet, didn't ride a single lap that day and left the track hugely disappointed. I swore to myself that I'd be buying a set of rain tires to mount them on my stock wheels that are currently on the bike and put race tires on the Marchesini wheels that I've recently purchased. 

I was hoping to be able to go to Mosport again on the 21st of August, but I was checking out the forecast today and it is showing thunderstorms for the next three days. Won't risk it at this point, I'm still bitter about the $250 that went down the drain that day. Honestly, it's not even about the money. I was just really disappointed that I didn't ride more than anything. 

Trying to drag a couple of friends out to Shannonville on the 25th of August. Let's hope mother nature cooperates because the season is about to end and I'm hoping to get at least 5 more days in. 

A couple of laps behind Dez at SMP, my apologies for the quality of the video, it was my first time running that set up and had no idea it would be so shaky/bouncy, had to lower the volume while editing the video so that you won't be able to hear all the clicking and clacking: 


I made a new rig that I'll be testing out the next time out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment