Monday 18 August 2014

Introduction

I've created this blog for my own personal use. Mainly to track my progress to my riding techniques and achievements as well as any modifications/add-ons that I will do to my bike in the seasons to come.

A bit of a background - I started street riding in 2010, I bought a 2006 GSX-R 750 for my first bike (stupid, I know) and have logged many KM's on it since. However, it came to the point where I was riding irresponsibly on the roads and I didn't like it. In 2012, I decided to take it to the track and focus on improving my skills there where I can do so comfortably, in a safe place with like-minded individuals. At the end of 2012 I bought a 2005 CBR600RR as a dedicated track bike, my GSX-R 750 was just too pretty to track and I would feel horrible if I crashed it.

Here's a photo of the CBR600RR alongside my GSX-R 750:



I still have my GSX-R 750 but as I started riding on the track, I spent less and less time on the streets. I enjoy riding on the track immensely, but I can never give up street riding. It's cheap therapy and I still enjoy the late night runs and the occasional 2-up with my girlfriend. 

Since I bought the CBR, I spent a lot of time, money and effort getting it ready for the 2013 season. 













No comments:

Post a Comment