Monday 18 August 2014

Latest acquisition!

Found a great deal on a lightly used set of Marchesini forged aluminum wheels and some BrakeTech AXIS/Cobra full floating rotors. I had to find some rotors for the 08+ GSX-R's since the wheels came off an 08 GSX-R600, the 06-07's use a different bolt pattern and instead of spending ~$200 on a set of OEM rotors, I thought the upgrade for slightly a bit more $ is not a bad idea. Both the wheels and the rotors looked like brand new after some cleaning:






Since I got a nice set of lightweight wheels and rotors, i decided to complete the set up by reducing as much rotating mass possible. Titanium bolts for the 3 rotors as well as Ti nuts for the sprocket. Since Marchesini have a special sprocket, I ordered a 520 conversion kit, with Driven sprockets, the rear being hard anodized aluminum as well a DID ERV3 chain. I'll also be changing the gearing from the stock 16/43 to 15/45. Should work well at Shannonville since it's the track I mostly visit. I might add a couple of more rear sprockets down the line but that's not really a priority right now. 

Instead of the stock rear rotor, I ordered a MMR lightweight rear rotor, good for 1 LB savings of rotating mass as well. Can't wait to try out the new set up. 


The sprocket, chain and rear rotor should be here some time this week, can't wait to get it all on and try it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment